Information for Candidates
Nominations will be received for the following municipal offices:
- Mayor (1)
- Councillor (4)
To run for the office of mayor or councillor, candidates must file a prescribed Nomination Paper. Candidates cannot raise or spend any money on their campaign until this nomination paper is filed.
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018 is the first day Candidates may file a Nomination Paper for the office of Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillor or School Board Trustee.
- The deadline for candidates to submit their Nomination Papers is Friday, July 27, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
- The deadline for the withdrawal of a nomination is Friday, July 27, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Candidate Information Package
Letter to Candidate in the Election [PDF]
Township of Warwick Candidate Guide [PDF]
Nomination Paper Form (Form 1) [PDF]
Declaration of Qualifications (Form EL18(A)) [PDF]
Maximum Estimated Campaign Expenses (Form LC22) [PDF]
Consent to Release Personal Information (Form LC02) [PDF]
Notice of Nomination for Office (Form LC01(A)) [PDF]
Notice of Penalties (Form LC29) [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Telephone and Internet Voting [PDF]
Use of Corporate Resources Policy [PDF]
2018 Municipal Elections Guide for Candidates from te Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing [PDF]
Financial Statement – Auditor’s Report Candidate (Form 4) [PDF]
Campaign Finance Information for Municipal Council Candidates [PDF]
Election Campaign Sign By-law [PDF]
2018 Municipal Election Accessibility Plan for the Township of Warwick [PDF]
So You Want to Run For Council? Are you Ready? Guide from AMO [PDF]
Who can be a Mayor or Councillor candidate?
- a resident of the Township of Warwick, or an owner or tenant of land in the Municipality, or the spouse of an owner or tenant;
- a Canadian citizen;
- at least 18 years old;
- on the Voters List; and
- are not legally prohibited from voting by law.
Who cannot be a Mayor or Councillor candidate?
The following people are disqualified from being elected as a member of Council or holding office as a member of Council:
- an employee of the municipality unless they have taken an unpaid leave of absence beginning the day they are nominated, and resign if elected to office;
- a judge of any court;
- a Member of Parliament, a Member of Provincial Parliament, or a Senator;
- a candidate who failed to file the necessary financial statements(s) in the last municipal election;
- anyone that is legally prohibited from voting by law.
May 1, 2018 - Nominations open
July 27, 2018 - Nominations close at 2:00 p.m.
July 27, 2018 - Deadline to withdraw a nomination at 2:00 p.m.
October 11, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. - October 22, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. - Voting Period
October 22, 2018 - Election Day
News & Events
Click to view events happening at the Legion!
Wyoming, ON - Starting in September, Lambton County Library will be slightly adjusting the hours of several library branches to meet operational needs. While open for approximately the same number...
Passed by council on Friday, August 17th. Warwick 2017 Financial Statements_PDF
NOTICE FROMWARWICK TOWNSHIP CEMETERY BOARDRe: Proposed Amendment to Operating By-law for Cemeteries to add a Columbarium The Warwick Township Cemetery Board has submitted a new by-law to the...