Information for Candidates
Nominations will be received for the following municipal offices:
- Mayor (1)
- Councillor (4)
To run for the office of mayor or councillor, candidates must file a prescribed Nomination Paper. Candidates cannot raise or spend any money on their campaign until this nomination paper is filed.
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018 is the first day Candidates may file a Nomination Paper for the office of Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillor or School Board Trustee.
- The deadline for candidates to submit their Nomination Papers is Friday, July 27, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
- The deadline for the withdrawal of a nomination is Friday, July 27, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Candidate Information Package
Letter to Candidate in the Election [PDF]
Township of Warwick Candidate Guide [PDF]
Nomination Paper Form (Form 1) [PDF]
Declaration of Qualifications (Form EL18(A)) [PDF]
Maximum Estimated Campaign Expenses (Form LC22) [PDF]
Consent to Release Personal Information (Form LC02) [PDF]
Notice of Nomination for Office (Form LC01(A)) [PDF]
Notice of Penalties (Form LC29) [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Telephone and Internet Voting [PDF]
Use of Corporate Resources Policy [PDF]
2018 Municipal Elections Guide for Candidates from te Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing [PDF]
Financial Statement – Auditor’s Report Candidate (Form 4) [PDF]
Campaign Finance Information for Municipal Council Candidates [PDF]
Election Campaign Sign By-law [PDF]
2018 Municipal Election Accessibility Plan for the Township of Warwick [PDF]
So You Want to Run For Council? Are you Ready? Guide from AMO [PDF]
Who can be a Mayor or Councillor candidate?
- a resident of the Township of Warwick, or an owner or tenant of land in the Municipality, or the spouse of an owner or tenant;
- a Canadian citizen;
- at least 18 years old;
- on the Voters List; and
- are not legally prohibited from voting by law.
Who cannot be a Mayor or Councillor candidate?
The following people are disqualified from being elected as a member of Council or holding office as a member of Council:
- an employee of the municipality unless they have taken an unpaid leave of absence beginning the day they are nominated, and resign if elected to office;
- a judge of any court;
- a Member of Parliament, a Member of Provincial Parliament, or a Senator;
- a candidate who failed to file the necessary financial statements(s) in the last municipal election;
- anyone that is legally prohibited from voting by law.
May 1, 2018 - Nominations open
July 27, 2018 - Nominations close at 2:00 p.m.
July 27, 2018 - Deadline to withdraw a nomination at 2:00 p.m.
October 11, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. - October 22, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. - Voting Period
October 22, 2018 - Election Day
News & Events
Arts Council of East Lambton (ACEL)at The Art Shop, Watford FREE ART EVENTS If you would like The Art Shop to bring a creative activity to your small group, please ask! If you think it would be fun...
Click to view events happening at the Legion!