"Council Highlights" offer a summarized list of decisions made at each Township of Warwick Council meeting. "Council Highlights" is normally posted within 24 hours of a Warwick Township Council meeting. See the complete agenda and minutes from Warwick Township Council for more detailed background information.
WATFORD, ON – At its regular meeting on Monday, November 27, 2017, Warwick Township Council:
- Received a verbal update from staff that the Warwick Township Circular Economy Cluster Projects is underway with the awarded consultant.
- Received a verbal update from staff that the 2018 Municipal Election procedures for telephone and internet voting will be finalized by December 1, 2017 and available to members of Council and to the public upon request.
- Received a verbal update from staff providing a correction from a previous Council meeting discussion to clarify the process for shipping container/sea can use in Plympton-Wyoming.
- Heard from Lambton Public Health on a healthy community checklist for the built environment and directed staff to complete the checklist for Warwick Township and report back to Council.
- Heard a presentation on the highlights and recommendations of the proposed Warwick Township Fire Master Plan. Council approved a resolution to establish an Advisory Committee on Fire Master Plan Implementation and tabled discussion of the Fire Master Plan until February 2018.
- Approved a Banked/Flex Time Policy for the Township of Warwick.
- Approved entering into a tiered service agreement with the County of Lambton on emergency services response.
- Received a report on the impact of Bill 148 – Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act.
- Approved non-renewal of the lease agreement with Watford Community Improvements Inc. and the Watford Policing Committee and disbanded the Watford Policing Committee as of January 1, 2018.
- Received a report providing an update on the Request for Quotations (RFQ) for a Community Hall Model on Watford. The RFQ closes on December 11, 2017 at 12:00 noon. A report on results will be brought to Council at the December 18, 2017 regular Council meeting.
- Approved a report confirming Warwick Township Council’s 2018 Strategic priorities.
- Received notification that Waste Management Canada will partner with the Township of Warwick on the installation of a pedestrian crosswalk on Confederation Line, connecting the Township’s recreation track/BMX bike park area to the nature trail to the North side of the road. Waste Management Canada will be the sole financial contributor to the project.
- Awarded the tender for the Brown-Jariott Drain North Branch to McNally Excavating for a cost of $17,165.76 plus HST.
- Noted that Warwick Township Council has a Special Council meeting for the presentation of the proposed 2018 Budget on Monday, December 4, 2018 at 3:30 p.m.
- Noted that the next regular Warwick Township Council meeting is next scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Monday, December 18, 2017.
For more information about the Township of Warwick, visit www.warwicktownship.ca.
Amanda Gubbels Todd Case
Township of Warwick Township of Warwick
Phone: 519-849-3926 / 1-877-849-3926 Cell: 519-490-4533
Fax: 519-849-6136 Fax: 519-849-6136
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
2017 Council Highlights
News & Events
Click for more details.
Monday, December 4, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. Click for more details!
Please click for more details on 2018 Notice for Rural Water/ Sewer Increase Rate 2018 Notice for Urban Water/ Sewer Increase Rates
Forest Road, between Confederation Line and London Line, will be open as of 4:00 p.m. Monday, November 24th.