"Council Highlights" offer a summarized list of decisions made at each Township of Warwick Council meeting. "Council Highlights" is normally posted within 24 hours of a Warwick Township Council meeting. See the complete agenda and minutes from Warwick Township Council for more detailed background information.
WATFORD, ON – At its regular meeting on Monday, July 17, 2017, Warwick Township Council:
- Cancelled the regular Council meeting scheduled for Monday, August 14, 2017.
- Received an update from staff notifying that the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 172’s Vimy Ridge memorial trees at Memorial Park in Watford have been planted and a dedication ceremony for the trees will be scheduled soon.
- Held a Consideration Meeting on the drainage report for the Maher Drain; the by-law was given first and second reading.
- Declared November 4, 2017 Poppy Day in Warwick Township and approved the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 172’s request to hold a street drive collection on Nauvoo Road the day.
- Supported and endorsed the Corporation of the Township of Stormont’s resolution opposing the amendment to Conservation Authorities Act.
- Directed staff to investigate updating the Township of Warwick’s Noise By-law to include a noise exemption permit and requested that efforts be made at the Watford Park to position the stage to limit the noise from events being carried into the urban area of Watford.
- Approved a request from the Watford Cornfest Committee to provide a $500 donation to the 2017 event to support the provision of free activities and corn for all attendees.
- Approved the purchase of a new diesel generator for the Watford Arena from Goertz Electric Ltd. for $100,340.
- Directed staff to work with Brooke Telecom to form a three year agreement for wifi provision at the Watford Arena.
- Directed staff to work with the Township engineer to complete a grant application on Confederation Line reconstruction for the Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund (OCIF) Top-Up Funding.
- Approved a request to place a Memorial Bench at the Watford Ball Park in memory of Mike Harvey.
- Provided direction to Mayor Todd Case in his representation of Warwick Township at Lambton County Council to support the proposed Lambton County Official Plan with the removal of section 8 on Natural Heritage.
- Noted that the next regular Warwick Township Council meeting is next scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Monday, September 11, 2017.
For more information about the Township of Warwick, visit www.warwicktownship.ca.
Amanda Gubbels Todd Case
Township of Warwick Township of Warwick
Phone: 519-849-3926 / 1-877-849-3926 Cell: 519-490-4533
Fax: 519-849-6136 Fax: 519-849-6136
2017 Council Highlights
- January 16, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- March 6, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- May 15, 2017
- June 5, 2017
- July 17, 2017
Registration for the Warwick Township Community Summer Programs will take place on Monday, June 19 and Wednesday, June 28 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Watford Arena. For more information on...
Summer Fun! It started July 7th, and there are 4 more Fridays to go. Artists & Musicians of Arts Council of East Lambton are facilitating Morning workshops at the arena in Watford through the...
Bob Mater Farm at 1759 Mcauslan Road, Inwood Ontario September 2, 2017 10 am to 3:00 pm Free Admission Classic, Antique and Horse Plowing Info at 519-828-3311
Hickory Creek Line will be closed between First School Road and Bethel Road from Monday, July 3, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. to Friday, September 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Homeowners will have access to the road,...
Get your tickets early! Fish Fry tickets available at Libro Financial, Bank of Montreal, Shell, Delta, any Rotarian or call 266-932-0240