"Council Highlights" offer a summarized list of decisions made at each Township of Warwick Council meeting. "Council Highlights" is normally posted within 24 hours of a Warwick Township Council meeting. See the complete agenda and minutes from Warwick Township Council for more detailed background information.
WATFORD, ON – At its regular meeting on Monday, May 15, 2017, Warwick Township Council:
- Received an update from staff on the 2017 capital project to install a Booster Pumping Station to increase water pressure in the Northeast quadrant of the water distribution system: the Township is awaiting a response on the application to the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund (CWWF) to support this project and engineering is continuing to move forward.
- Received an update from staff on current Township of Warwick recruitments. Two job postings are currently published; applications for the Public Works Manager position close on the May 31, 2017 and for the P&R Administrative Assistant closes on May 24, 2017. The Township of Warwick has partnered with the County of Lambton to accept applications online at www.lambtononline.ca/jobs.
- Heard a verbal update from Peter Pickfield, GarrodPickfield LLP, and the Waste Management Technical Review Team (TRT) providing notice of a liquid discovered at the Twin Creeks Landfill site and subsequent investigations. The TRT Team will be including a full report on the liquid, as well as a proposed enhanced communication protocol, in their annual report, which is tentatively planned to be presented to Council on June 5, 2017.
- Heard a presentation from the Arts Council of East Lambton (ACEL) highlighting accomplishments of the group and current activities and priorities. Art Social Day in downtown Watford, hosted by ACEL, will be held on June 10, 2017.
- Supported a resolution of Lanark County requesting Province of Ontario support for the formation of an Opoid Strategy.
- Approved funding in the amount of $1,000 to support the Canada Day fireworks display at the Warwick Conservation Authority.
- Approved the Parks and Recreation Committee recommendation to partner with the St. Clair Conservation Authority on the delivery of this year’s Canada Day Celebration at the Warwick Conservation Area.
- Approved the minutes of the Special Council meeting of May 8, 2017, which established a sub-committee of Council on Community Facilities to implement a public engagement process seeking input from local community groups and service clubs, facility user groups, staff and the general public on a) needs and wants for a community facility in Watford, and b) interest/commitment to participate in a fundraising campaign for a new/updated community facility.
- Awarded the Request for Proposals for the 2017 Fire Master Plan to Emergency Management and Training at a cost of $35,380 plus HST.
- Provided direction to staff to investigate expenditures on road construction on Churchill Line and report back to Council with more information.
- Approved the entering of an agreement with Fairtax Grants and Incentives Inc. to provide external support in the search for grant opportunities and in an effort to improve the Township of Warwick’s success rate on grant applications.
- Received the first quarterly status report from the Administrator/Clerk highlighting the status of the implementation of Strategic Plan priorities, 2017 Capital Budget projects and corporate projects and priorities.
- Noted that the next regular Warwick Township Council meeting is next scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Monday, June 5, 2017.
For more information about the Township of Warwick, visit www.warwicktownship.ca.
Amanda Gubbels Todd Case
Township of Warwick Township of Warwick
Phone: 519-849-3926 / 1-877-849-3926 Cell: 519-490-4533
Fax: 519-849-6136 Fax: 519-849-6136
2017 Council Highlights
Lambton Film and Food Festival presents Lambton Youth Short Film Competition. Deadline for submissions is May 19, 2017.
Open House on Thursday, May 25 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Come out and join the fun at the Friendship Centre! Everyone is welcome. Thurs. Nov.3 Walking 9:30 Exercise 10: 00 – 10:45 (Centennial Hall) POT LUCK LUNCH CANCELED Mon. Nov. 7 Walking 9:30 ...
All are invited to open house information sessions on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the old Fire Hall/Museum (515 Ontario Street, Watford)6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Warwick...