"Council Highlights" offer a summarized list of decisions made at each Township of Warwick Council meeting. "Council Highlights" is normally posted within 24 hours of a Warwick Township Council meeting. See the complete agenda and minutes from Warwick Township Council for more detailed background information.
WATFORD, ON – At its regular meeting on Monday, June 5, 2017, Warwick Township Council:
- Received an update from staff on the implementation of an agreement with Fairtax Recovery Consultants Ltd. which seeks to capitalize on capturing alternate grant revenue.
- Received notification that the Township of Warwick has submitted its energy conservation and use data to the Ministry of Energy, in compliance with O. Reg. 397-11, a month prior to the deadline by utilizing a successful partnership with Bluewater Power.
- Received an update from staff on current Township of Warwick recruitments. Two job postings have now closed; applications for the Public Works Manager position closed on the May 31, 2017 and for the P&R Administrative Assistant closed on May 24, 2017.
- Received an update on the results of the Request for proposals (RFP) on a Tractor and Roadside Mower System: 14 bids were submitted and are in review currently. A recommendation on next steps is planned to be brought forward at a future meeting.
- Approved a municipal records management policy and a records retention by-law to govern all corporate records throughout their lifecycle.
- Approved a resolution on the townline agreement with the Municipality of Brooke-Alvinston on opposing a continued cost sharing model for construction costs on each municipality’s segment of Churchill Line.
- Approved the proposed content for the Township of Warwick’s quarterly newsletter. The newsletter will be sent out in mid-June.
- Heard a presentation from Union Gas on potential expansion of natural gas services in Warwick Township. Warwick Township Council will discuss the financial commitment requested to support this project at a future Council meeting.
- Heard a presentation from Peter Pickfield, GarrodPickfield LLP, and the Waste Management Technical Review Team (TRT) providing an annual report on the operations of the Twin Creeks Landfill throughout 2016. Warwick Township Council approved all recommendations of the Technical Review Team (TRT).
- Approved the Parks and Recreation Committee minutes of May 24, 2017, thereby approving the recommendation from the Council Sub-Committee on Community Facilities for a two pronged public engagement process on needs/wants in community facilities and level of commitment to assist with fundraising to support a new/retrofitted community facility. An online survey for the general public and a Table Talk Workbook for all community groups/service clubs will be made available in mid to late June.
- Noted that the next regular Warwick Township Council meeting is next scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Monday, June 26, 2017.
For more information about the Township of Warwick, visit www.warwicktownship.ca.
Amanda Gubbels Todd Case
Township of Warwick Township of Warwick
Phone: 519-849-3926 / 1-877-849-3926 Cell: 519-490-4533
Fax: 519-849-6136 Fax: 519-849-6136
2017 Council Highlights
- January 16, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- March 6, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- May 15, 2017
- June 5, 2017
Check out the upcoming events at the Watford Legion!
Everyone is welcome at the Friendship Centre! Thurs. Nov.3 Walking 9:30 Exercise 10: 00 – 10:45 (Centennial Hall) POT LUCK LUNCH CANCELED Mon. Nov. 7 Walking 9:30 Exercise 10:00 – 10:45 (Centennial Hall)...
WARWICK KIDS BALL Registration at Warwick Park on Tuesday, June 27 from 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Cost is $25 per player. For more information regarding Warwick Kids Ball please contact Brenda Clark at...
Watford Rotary Club is hosting a Car Rally on July 1st. Registration is between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
The Township of Warwick and Warwick Conservation Area present Canada Day Celebrations 2017