- Relocating to Warwick
- Scenic Court Development
- Feedback on Community Facilities
- Service Clubs and Organizations
- Health Services
- Emergency and Fire Services
- Retirement Living
- Garbage and Recycling
- Warwick Public Liaison Committee (WPLC)
- Animal Control
- Marriage Licence
- Township Newsletter
- Other Important Links
Garbage and Recycling
Garbage and Recycling in Watford (Urban Area)
Household and commercial waste is picked up in Watford every Friday morning by Progressive Waste Solutions.
All public inquires and complaints to be forwarded to Progressive Waste Solutions at 519-337-3218 (press 0 for reception and information).
Facts on Collection Service
(Non-compliance may ay result in non-collection)
- All garbage must be out, every Friday no later than 7:00 a.m.
- There is a 50 lb. limit to all bags and garbage cans. If waste exceeds this amount it may be left by the driver.
- Only household waste will be picked up. Larger bulk items (couches, chairs, construction waste, mattresses, etc.) will not be picked up curbside.
- Ensure that waste was placed on correct side of street (if it is a new resident make sure they know this).
- Recyclables and household waste are to be separated. Clear plastic bags are used for recycling. Leaving garbage at the curbside in clear bags may result in items being left behind.
- Any items that appear that they could be hazardous waste (i.e. in 5 gallon marked or unmarked pail) will not be picked up.
Recycling Pick Up in Watford
- Recycling is picked up on every other Friday in Watford. Collection is completed by Bluewater Recycling Association (BRA).
- Inquiries or complaints about recycling pick-up can be directed to BRA at 1-800-265-9799 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit BRA’s website at www.bra.org. If you have a smart phone, you can download MyWaste app for more program information and set reminders for your collection schedule.
- New residents of Warwick Township can pick up one free recycling bin at the Township Office. A second one can be purchased for a fee of $8.00 plus HST.
Garbage and Recycling in Rural Area
- Inquiries can be directed to Twin Creeks Landfill at (519) 849-5810.
- Twin Creeks Landfill hours: Monday to Friday from 7:00am-4:00pm; Saturday 7:00am-11:00am
- In the rural areas, property owners may take their residential household garbage directly to the Waste Management of Canada Twin Creeks Landfill Site with the main entrance on 5768 Nauvoo Road.
- All persons will be required to show proof of address within Warwick Township before obtain this drop off service.
- Twin Creeks drop off of household waste and recycling. Drop off hours and contact information.
Reporting Issues or Complaints
If you have an issue to report regarding:
- Twin Creeks Landfill, please contact the Ministry of Environment at 1-800-268-6060 - Spills Action Hotline (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or Sarnia & District Regional Office at 519-336-4030 or 1-800-387-7784 ( 8:30 am to 4:30 pm - Monday to Friday). Complaints and issues can also be reported directly to the Twin Creeks Landfill at 519-381-0865 or email@example.com.
Garbage collection service in Watford, please contact Progressive Waste Solutions at 519-337-3218 (press 0 for reception and information).
Recycling collection service in Watford, please contact the Bluewater Recycling Association at 1-800-265-9799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring & Fall Cleanup
The Township provides its residents with the opportunity to dispose of large items free-of-charge two times a year, in the spring and in the fall.
The Spring Clean up date will be June 9th, 2018 and the Fall Clean up date will be October 13th, 2018.
- Large waste items can be dropped off at the Twin Creeks Landfill (5768 Nauvoo Road). Example of large waste items include couches, washer, etc.
- Electronic waste items can be dropped off at the Public Works Watford Depot (7923 Confederation Line). Examples of e-waste include televisions, computers, DVD players, etc. See www.bra.org for for information.
Click link provided for information on Spring Cleanup day, including exceptable and non exceptable items.
Household Hazardous Items
The one-day only Household Hazardous Waste Collection will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the County Public Works Depot located at 6958 Townsend Line, Lambton Shores.
Click here for more information on Hazardous Household waste.
For brush, tree branches, and leaves there is a large depot trailer available at the north end of the Arena, for Township residents to use.
Warwick Public Liaison Committee (WPLC)
The Warwick Public Liaison Committee acts as an Advisory Committee pertaining to Waste Management's Landfill Site located within the Township of Warwick, and acts as a forum for the exchange of information, concerning the site and the concerns or special interests of local citizens.
Visit our WPLC page for more information, as well as previous meeting minutes and agendas.
News & Events
CLASS ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENTFOR THE BEAR CREEK BRIDGE(VILLAGE OF WARWICK) Bear Creek Bridge.pdf
Click for more info!
Arts Council of East Lambton AT the Art Shop, Watford FREE ART EVENTS WATFORD April 27th, 2018 11 am - 3 pm. PD Day at The Art Shop, 5305 Nauvoo Rd, Watford, ON April 29th , 2018 1 pm - 3 pm....